Steve McQueen and Evel Knievel both owned Triumph TT Specials. Mc Queen won several races with it and became a real legend, whereas Knievel used his one in the world of stunt jumping. This one is auctioneered at the Auburn Spring Auction from May 29th – June 1st.
- 54 bhp, 649-cc OHV vertical twin-cylinder engine
- Conceived by Bill Johnson, of West Coast Motors in Los Angeles in 1963
- A stripped-down, race-prepared version of the Bonneville
- Matching numbers, engine and frame
- Believed to be one of 900 examples built
Report by rmsothebys.com